Sunday, May 16, 2010

Smocked Tube Dress - Old Navy


This type of tube dress has been around for the last few years. And, while they aren't the most figure flattering (a tight tube top and loose fitting/no-shape body), they are surprisingly cute on...and so comfy. I've hesitated to buy this style because at almost 5'10", with muscular legs, I've never been able to find one long enough for me.

Before a recent vacation I was searching online for easy beach dresses/cover ups in tall/long sizes and happened upon these Smocked Tube Dresses from Old Navy. I don't do a lot of shopping at Old Navy, but was buying something from Banana Republic and decided to throw a plain black one in tall/medium in my cart to see how it fit. When I got it I was pleasantly surprised and ended up buying another one in green w/striped top (like pictured above and below). On the trip I wore them so much that when I came home I bought a blue one, orange one and black one (all w/striped top). I was disappointed that they no longer have just plain/solid colors (without the striped tube top), because I really like my plain black one best. I would've bought every color. Oh well...maybe next year (if they are still in style).



The quality isn't bad. The are just a simple, but sturdy cotton. I've washed mine quite and bit and they are still holding pretty well. At only $15.99, I expected them to fall apart after a wash or two. They come in tall, regular and petite sizes. The ones with the striped top seem a little bigger in the body and a touch longer, but not by much.

I've worn them as a swimsuit cover up; out to lunch/dinner outdoors with sandals, earrings and a long necklace and, most often, with a sweater, cute earrings, bangle bracelets and sandals to run errands. Below is a similar outfit to what I wore to run errands today. It took me about two minutes to get dressed and out the door.

I wore my plain black dress; antiqued gold earrings with similar shape to these, but with yellow, orange and reddish stones (sort of boho looking); these exact sunglasses, this sweater (which really deserves it's own post because I love it so much - super light...perfect for Spring/Summer) and these shoes (perfect little black flip flop, but don't look bummy)and a bag with similar shape, size and color, but different pattern. Easy and comfortable.



Items in this set:
Old Navy Womens Smocked Knit Tube Dresses, $15
Women's Apparel: Slubby open cardigan: cardigans sweaters | Banana..., $70
Product: Cole Haan Metal Aviator Sunglasses, $35
14K Gold Over Silver Matte Drop Leaf Earring : Target, $30

No comments:

Post a Comment